Due to an increased demand, we are seeking an Expression of Interest from qualified OH&S representatives for numerous projects throughout the Latrobe Valley. Your primary role will be to assist and support the Site Manager & site staff with the day-to-day implementation of OHSE systems, policies and procedures. Working closely with site staff and subcontractors to achieve an inclusive on-site safety culture and positive safety compliance outcomes.
This exciting opportunity is particularly suited to an energetic and enthusiastic individual who is looking for a challenging team orientated role within a growing company.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Report to the Site Manager on all site safety matters.
- General Labouring Duties
- Implement OHSE systems, policies and procedures.
- Assist Site Manager with site establishment, inductions, and maintenance of registers.
- Review contractor SWMS and monitor SWMS compliance.
- Assist with the amendment of SWMS as required to suit site-specific requirements.
- Observe tasks, identify hazards, assess risks & address common safety issues.
- Participate in the hands-on practical implementation of basic safety rectifications.
- Advise both site staff and subcontractors on relevant safety matters.
- Hold Safety Toolbox Meeting
- Investigate incidents, develop corrective actions and monitor for effectiveness.
- Conduct Site safety walks and deliver weekly and monthly safety reports.
To be successful you will need to have:
- Formal Certification in OHS & Level 2 First Aid.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a / commercial construction environment.
- A trade background favourable
- Dogman certificate
- Spotter certificate
- Exceptional time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer basics and Microsoft Office & the ability to implement SWMS and Incident Reports to a high standard.
To Apply, Submit your upto date CV, with qualifications attached to email@example.com